Tuesday, January 16, 2007

OBAMA is running for President of the U.S.!



"I certainly didn't expect to find myself in this position a year ago," Obama said in a video posting. "I've been struck by how hungry we all are for a different kind of politics. So I've spent some time thinking about how I could best advance the cause of change and progress that we so desperately need."

Obama announced on his Web site, www.barackobama.com, that he was filing a presidential exploratory committee. He said he would announce more about his plans in his home state of Illinois on Feb. 10.

Can he be the nation's first black to occupy the White House?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea - I don't think so. I don't think this country is seriously ready for a black man in the White House. I mean I'd like it if I were wrong about that - but I doubt it.

That being said - have you seen/heard of this documentary called "American Blackout" - if not check it!

Anonymous said...

erm i dont think so , he doenst have enuff experience!
he's an intelligent guy tho, im bout to get his book, should be a good read!

Icy PR said...

He has a huge following surprisingly. So I won't be surprised if he will become president... So I won't doubt.. God is big.. it is so possible..!

Excuse me for being optimistic. But forget his skin color for a minute look as the way he runs things!

Anonymous said...

I'm optimistic. Every time I've seen him, he's been really nice to me. He's a wonderful person, I hope capital hill doesn't change him too much.

Brilliantly Me said...

I don't think America is ready for a black president. He should at least wait till the next elections so that he can have more experience under his belt.

Moose said...

Yeap... i think Obama can be the first prez. Although i suspect that Mrs. Clinton will be the leading contender head to head against Obama!

Anonymous said...

The conservative population in the U.S won't let that happen. The sad thing is he may actually do a good job if elected into the white house. But first things first, he has to get the Democratic ticket. That in it's self, is an uphill battle with Senator Clinton being the front runner at the moment.